Quick, fun, yummy and picky eater/little boy approved. Need I say more?
With thanks to The Blond Cook
Serves 8 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 12 Minutes
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp apple pie spice*, and additional apple pie spice (about 1/4 tsp) for sprinkling on top of the crescent rolls
3 Tbsp butter, melted
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 (1/2 inch) slices
1 (8 oz can Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Melt butter and toss apple slices in butter, set aside
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- Sprinkle each triangle evenly with chopped pecans.
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of each triangle. Wrap crescent roll dough around each apple.
- Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie spice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
*Apple Pie Spice
1 1/2Tbsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp allspice